Re: klezmer paper

I would suggest you to start from Walter Zev Feldman's article
Bulgàreascà/Bulgarish/Bulgar: the transformation of a klezmer dance
genre, «Ethnomusicology», XXXVIII, n. 1, 1994, to get a sense of how
to conceive your paper in a well grounded musicological perspective.

It is probably not a coincidence that W.Z. Feldman is also very well
known for his research on Ottoman Turkish music...

All the best,
Francesco Spagnolo

--

YUVAL ITALIA      Centro Studi Musica Ebraica
the  Italian Center for the Study of Jewish Music

via della Guastalla,19            20122 Milano Italy
tel/fax +39 02 55014977    yuval (at) powerlink(dot)it
            http://www.powerlink.it/yuval