From: "Yakov Chodosh" <ync8 (at) softhome(dot)net>
To: "World music from a Jewish slant" <jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org>
Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2002 5:41 PM
Subject: Cleveland Workman's Circle Bendix workshop: Fun!

Hey dudes and dudettes and chevrei.
I went to Cleveland today for the Eric Bendix klezmer dance workshop, and it
was FUN! We learned the hora, chusidl, terkisher, a bulgar square dance, and
another chusidl-type dance that i don't remember the name of. Also another
one that was like "step (stomp) step (stomp) step step step step" in a line.
Eric was a great teacher and he had some great cds. A bunch of kids were
there for the first part and they really seemed to be getting into it. Very
cool. Oyeah he also had a big packet of handouts with detailed descriptions
of each dance and a big story. Nice. Anyone who can go to the next one or
learn from Eric somewheres else totally should. Next time there might be a
live band (i.e. my band, perhaps, if we can find a ride)

Also I got Lori's CD and we listened to it in the car on the way back. Verry
nice. I only listened to it once so far though so i won't talk more

That workmen's circle place is a real trip... there was this like five year
old kid wandering around the whole time singing yiddish songs... crazy

btw and lori thanks for finding me the ride. (from pittsburgh.)

-yakov
a happy and drunken purim to everyone!

Yak's new rap CD, Phrases My Bubbe Refused to Teach Me, is not available!
All Yiddish, all hip-hop! The best recording of any kind made in all of
human history! Only $15,000 & cost of labor. Email me for less info.