Cleveland Workman's Circle Bendix workshop: Fun!

Hey dudes and dudettes and chevrei.
I went to Cleveland today for the Eric Bendix klezmer dance workshop, and it
was FUN! We learned the hora, chusidl, terkisher, a bulgar square dance, and
another chusidl-type dance that i don't remember the name of. Also another one
that was like "step (stomp) step (stomp) step step step step" in a line. Eric
was a great teacher and he had some great cds. A bunch of kids were there for
the first part and they really seemed to be getting into it. Very cool. Oyeah
he also had a big packet of handouts with detailed descriptions of each dance
and a big story. Nice. Anyone who can go to the next one or learn from Eric
somewheres else totally should. Next time there might be a live band (i.e. my
band, perhaps, if we can find a ride)

Also I got Lori's CD and we listened to it in the car on the way back. Verry
nice. I only listened to it once so far though so i won't talk more

That workmen's circle place is a real trip... there was this like five year old
kid wandering around the whole time singing yiddish songs... crazy

btw and lori thanks for finding me the ride. (from pittsburgh.)

-yakov
a happy and drunken purim to everyone!

Yak's new rap CD, Phrases My Bubbe Refused to Teach Me, is not available! All
Yiddish, all hip-hop! The best recording of any kind made in all of human
history! Only $15,000 & cost of labor. Email me for less info.