Re: Sherill Milnes/Kalmanoff's "The Joy of Prayer"

As to the menshlichkeit - or not - of famous musicians - I've had experiences
with other top people who were very gracious, and even some who made it clear
that they were part of our team.  (Or Fredericka Von Stade, whom I've met a
few times backstage and corresponded with - she is really terrific, as human
offstage as she is transcendent onstage.)
But in Milnes' defense, I have to say this was just one experience, and he
might have just had bad news from his stockbroker, or his girlfriend, who
knows?  Also, this was the impression of a very young singer, maybe a little
overdrawn .. ?  There's no telling, no video was shot.
Ilana

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->