  From: IKochinska (at) aol(dot)com
  To: World music from a Jewish slant
  Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 12:43 AM
  Subject: Castelnuovo-Tedesco's Jewish songs

  Dear List,
  I have a little programming emergency - a concert I was just asked to do with
only a month to go, and with a very specific focus (Italian-Jewish).  I want to
do some songs of Castelnuovo-Tedesco (henceforth "C", so this doesn't take me
all night!), but apparently a lot of his compositions are unpublished & with
limited time, any pointers would be a big help.  I'm only interested in his
explicitly Jewish songs.   I have his "V'erastich" and a group of 3 Sephardic
Songs - but I know he wrote a lot more.  If anyone has a specific suggestion,
especially pieces for soprano, but also any pieces you think are really good -
I would really appreciate it!
  The other composer I'm interested in, if anyone has specific recommendations,
is Alberto Hemsi.
  Thanks,
  Ilana

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->