  -----Original Message-----
  From: owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
[mailto:owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org]On Behalf Of IKochinska (at)
aol(dot)com
  Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 7:44 AM
  To: World music from a Jewish slant
  Subject: Castelnuovo-Tedesco's Jewish songs

  Dear List,
  I have a little programming emergency - a concert I was just asked to do
with only a month to go, and with a very specific focus (Italian-Jewish).  I
want to do some songs of Castelnuovo-Tedesco (henceforth "C", so this
doesn't take me all night!), but apparently a lot of his compositions are
unpublished & with limited time, any pointers would be a big help.  I'm only
interested in his explicitly Jewish songs.   I have his "V'erastich" and a
group of 3 Sephardic Songs - but I know he wrote a lot more.  If anyone has
a specific suggestion, especially pieces for soprano, but also any pieces
you think are really good - I would really appreciate it!
  The other composer I'm interested in, if anyone has specific
recommendations, is Alberto Hemsi.
  Thanks,
  Ilana

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->