Re: Ran Blake

I love Ran Blake - great pianist, terrific composer. I never thought about him
being Jewish before -- he teaches/taught at NEC, maybe Hankus knows.
I checked through the eight or nine albums of his that I have and couldn't find
"Gasn Nign" but there are a few things that will be of interest. On his superb
The Short Life of Barbara Monk there are two takes of "Una Matica Ruda" and
Francis Davis's liner notes mention that Blake became interested in Sephardic
music after seeing Shoah. On his 1989 set, You Stepped Out of a Cloud, there's
a tune by Blake called "Kristallnacht."

And you've got to love a guy who could write a tune called "Ethel Barrymore in
Anguish."

George (not currently in anguish) Robinson

--
The world is new each morning--
that is God's gift, and a man should

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->