Re: "Donna Donna"

Well, this was not _my_ kavannah (intention) in writing this at all.  After
all, I slept in her house for a week (now don't read more into that than it
says), met her parents and her then sort-of guru, and actually had her
mother's banana bread and applesauce, whose praises she sings in her book
DAYBREAK.  (They were just as good as she said.)

Anyway, a P.S.:  At least one Yiddish singer--or anyway, one singer in
Yiddish--sings "Doe-na, Doe-na":  viz., Miriam Dvorin. whose LP I learned
of, and purchased, because of this list.

--Robert Cohen