Re: Dreydl

Itzik,

I suppose calling Wolfe "that woman" did sound dismissive.

I have an (unfortunately) undated Gelbart book, entitled Gezang bukh far
der elementar-shul, which includes the song.  Judging by the type style
and ornamentation of the interior, I would place this in the late 1920s
or early 1930s.  Looking at the cover, however, with it's asymmetrical
freehand design, perhaps this is a reprint with a redesigned cover, but
yet retaining the original artistically rendered title lettering.  The
paper has yellowed quite a bit.

The Forward was written by Educational Director for the Arbeter-Ring, N.
Khanin.  If anyone knows Workmen's Circle history, that could be a good
clue for dating this publication.

Lorele

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->