RE: Geven a tzayt - verter af yidish

I don't know now what I missed then or if I missing something now.   Now
that I am re-reading the full text, 'troymen' looks here to be the verb
(=infinitive) rather than 'troymen' the plural noun and thus perfectly
correct.  Don't have time to find Teddi's record in my closet (lovely
lady), but I did bother to find the English words on the web and check the
two texts against each other.  The English words are: "And dreamed of all
the great things we would do".  Since the text is a translation of the
English version, 'troymen' must be the verb.  I guess I didn't send it off
when I wrote it, because I did it too quickly to send off.  My computer is
full of unsent messages.  When I found it in my outbox yesterday, I just
pushed the button quickly.  I am sorry for confusing you all.  As Gilda
used to say on Saturday Night Live, "never mind".  I am sorry Abby for 'dir
dreyen a kop'.  I don't have the full thread to tell me what I was reacting
to at the time, but what I see now is correct.

It seems that I post in spurts.   Going back to just listening in.

BTW, it seems that complaining about my husband not wanting to do any
housework has had an unexpected positive effect.   After six years, he
fixed the damn record player yesterday.  And playing Joan Baez was the
first LP on my list to play for my daughter.  Don't care much for Dylan (I
thought he was rude in accepting a lifetime achievement award at one Grammy
I was at by saying a succinct "thank you"), but those early Dylan songs are
so compelling.

Reyzl