Re: large instrument transportation

> I had ordered a custom hard case for my dulcimer with
> thick foaming on the inside for cushioning. Despite
> the huge 'fragile' signs on the case, and special
> handling from the airlines, it STILL got damaged!
>
> So much for special handling.

Airlines do funny things to tsimbls. When I met with Budowitz in Paris -- it
was the first gig ever I played with the band -- German Lufthansa even managed
to *lose*
Josh Horowitz' instrument. He played the entire program on accordion, which he
did great, no need to say. We still had lots of fun on stage, but Lufthansa
never again had fun with us...

Christian Dawid