  From: MaxwellSt (at) aol(dot)com
  To: World music from a Jewish slant
  Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2001 10:31 AM
  Subject: Re: large instrument transportation

  In a message dated 7/9/2001 9:42:36 PM Central Daylight Time,
  ganeydn (at) crocker(dot)com writes:

    Once arrived at a gig to find that the tail gut on my fiddle had
    snapped.  The sponsors of the gig sent me to a local violin maker who
    repaired it on the spot in time for sound check.

  On our way to the Ozarks for vacation, my violinist's A string snapped during
  the flight, and he found that he had brought no replacement.  Wanting to take
  part in a jam session, he was given one by a bluegrass fiddler who drawled,
  "You can have it, but it's hard and it's mean."  Sure enough, when he tried
  to tune up the steel fiddle string, it snapped the bridge off his instrument.
  Always bring your own strings!
  Lori

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->