Re: large instrument transportation

At 10:51 PM -0500 7/8/01, Alex J. Lubet wrote:
>Whoa!  I'm not saying it's fine to show up at a gig with no axe, but it's a
>whole lot worse to lose an axe and not have the insurance money with which to
>replace it.

Didn't mean to imply that you did.  Just a question that I thought
traveling musicians might want to consider before they travel.  In
fact, anything can happen.  You can get in an accident and not get
there at all.  Our contracts always make exceptions for events beyond
our control, but we try to not let events get beyond our control.
Haven't ever had to cancel a gig yet.

Once arrived at a gig to find that the tail gut on my fiddle had
snapped.  The sponsors of the gig sent me to a local violin maker who
repaired it on the spot in time for sound check.

At 12:14 AM -0400 7/9/01, AGREENBA (at) aol(dot)com wrote:
>Pardon my ignorance, but what could have gone wrong with renting a guitar?
>Seriously, I would have thought a certain brand guitar is what it is. What
>happened? Curious - so I can apply any of this info in the future if it?s of
>a generic nature.

I'm not sure. All I know is that our accordianist/guitarist said it
was unplayable.  As for the bass, our bass player said her hands hurt
after playing it.  Action must have been too high, I guess.  That's
why we took the the bass on the train to Iowa.

Zayt gezunt (be healthy),

Yosl (Joe) Kurland
The Wholesale Klezmer Band
Colrain, MA 01340