-----Original Message-----
From: owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
[mailto:owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org]On Behalf Of Robert Cohen
Sent: Wed, June 06, 2001 5:30 PM
To: World music from a Jewish slant
Subject: Re: because of mixed dancing

Though I don't seriously dispute, in particular, the issue of the wedding
hall (and certainly don't take seriously the rabbi's foolish speculation),
it bears iterating (and reiterating) that we know almost *nothing*--at
least, nothing on the level of profoundest truth--"beyond a shadow of a
doubt"--and any "awareness" to the contrary is chimerical.

--Robert Cohen