Re: because of mixed dancing

Briefly:

1) Being part of the Shema is not just 'remaining part of the liturgy'; it's
_central_ to the liturgy--and the religion.  (I didn't say it wasn't
problematic--let alone that attempting to apply it, or make sense of the
world through that lens, isn't problematic.  In fact, I very much suggested
it *was* so.)

2) Sacrifices belong to Temple-era Judaism; we're in post-Temple,
rabbinic-era Judaism (though some think we should more self-consciously
enter and define a third era).  So Temple sacrifices are not part of
normative Judaism today.  I have no idea whether or not we'd be sacrificing
animals today if the Temple weren't destroyed!!!  And, brother Bob, I don't
think such an impossible hypothetical is all that productive to pose ...

--Robert Cohen