Re: because of mixed dancing

I was, by a curious coincidence (as Sherlock Holmes used to say), just
watching the Triangle Fire episode of Rick Burns's NYC (PBS) documentary
last night (*after* Shabbes!).  *Hankus, do you know in what source(s) one
can find rabbinic, etc., discussion of the implications of their working on
Shabbes?*

I actually was very aware, watching the documentary, that it all
happened--and, therefore, they were working--on Shabbes.  But I attributed
that aveira--that violation of Torah--not to the workers (who, of course,
didn't have the freedom to talk to another worker or go to the bathroom, let
alone choose not to work on Shabbes--they'd be instantly fired) but to the
owners, who were violating Shabbes in this profound way along with one
disgusting ethical violation on top of another.

Those violations of the rights of workers were, of course, every bit as much
violations of Torah and of Jewish law.  (Indeed, I wonder how a Jewish court
would have dealt with their having all the doors in their sweatshop locked,
thus making possible their workers' incineration.  In an American court,
they got off free.)

--Robert Cohen