Re: '"Empezar Ouiero Contar" Canciones Sefarad'

My son and I also attended the concert with Judith and Tamar at Boston
College.

"Awesome."

Each time I hear Judith lecture I learn so much more. She has such
tremendous depth, as well as giving us a really great and enjoyable concert
of music with Tamar.
Judy

At 01:09 PM 4/19/01 -0400, you wrote:
>I'll hopefully be getting some notes about the concert and the wonderful
>new CD up this weekend on the klezmershack. The gist, however, is that
>I echo Robert and Joel. Judith and Tamar are usually excellent. The show
>we (Robert and I, at least) saw was beyond that. Just extraordinary.
>Which I think is quite something when you consider that the concert
>was more of a lecture-concert, not just singing.
>
>ari
>

>At 04:53 PM 4/19/2001 +0000, you wrote:
>>As I think I noted to the list, _I_ saw them on the BC campus the night
>>before--and it was very rewarding, indeed.  Wonderful to hear the repertory
>>and vocal styles of so many different communities.
>>
>>--Robert Cohen
>>

>>>Chevra,
>>>
>>>I had the chance to hear Judith and her daughter Tamar in concert recently
>>>at Harvard Hillel. Their range of repertory and deep (but not fussy)
>>>scholarship make for a very rewarding musical experience. Do try to see her
>>>if she's concertizing wherever you happen to be.
>>>
>>>Best,
>>>
>>>Joel

Judith S. Pinnolis
Reference Librarian
Coordinator for Publications and Training
Brandeis University Libraries
Goldfarb Library MS045
P.O Box 549110
Waltham, MA 02454-9110