Re to "Dona dona" and question about "Halaka"

Reyzl wrote: <<<There are so many uninformed people
on this list and they can't tell the difference between what is good and
bad hypothesizing.  >>>

Forgive my ignorance, Reyzl !  I'm eager for knowledge and that's the reason
why I suscribed to this list and why I ask more questions than I can give
answers!

Reyzl wrote: <<<This song  is called "Dona, Dona" and not "Got un dos kelbl".>>>

"Got un dos kelbl" was only the "subject" of my e-mail!
BTW, I often heard "Dos kelbl" as title for this song...
In any case: thanks for the interesting discussion about "Dona dona".

To this point: another question (and again, please forgive my ignorance!) :
What is the meaning of the yiddish /hebrew term "Halaka" ? Can it be the
child's first haircut?
This question is not completely OoT:  I saw the klezmer theme "Bottle Dance" or
"Folk song" under the title "Halaka". Could this song/dance be used for that
circumstance?

Michal

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->