Kol Isha

After having been one of the folks who thought we'd burned out on Kol
Isha, I find myself offering not an opinion, but an anecdote.  We're
doing my African Shabbat at U of M Hillel (April 27, unless we get
snowed out, not impossible up here).  It's part of a symposium on
Jews of Africa and we invited anyone to participate in the chorus,
regardless of prior musical background.  It's not difficult and is
written so that it can be done with men, women, or SATB.  Well, guess
what?  It's going to be an all-female voices event.  You had your
chance, guys.

It's a small group so we're getting to know each other Jewishly as
well as musically.  Being a Jewish activist on this campus is quite a
powerful statement.  I'm impressed.  Were I young and single, I'd
also be 'distracted.'  But I can think of worse things for Jews and
Judaism.

--
Alex Lubet, Ph. D.
Morse Alumni Distinguished Teaching Professor of Music