Re: Healing

   Shirona:
    It's not that many people on this List, don't know about what your
issues are with Kol Isha. I'm sorry that you didn't get the response you
wanted. The best way that I can put it is this: my father(bHsoHso) Chenik
Zelig would say that if you put 12 Jews in a room you are going to get AT
LEAST 14 different opinions. As a woman I am not happy(an understatement)
with Kol Isha, sheitels or any of that other stuff. But I will not tell
other Jews how to live(there are enough Gentiles wandering around these
days, trying to do just that). Yes, these proscriptions teach women (and
men) to hate their bodies and creative impulses...that's my opinion, too.
But that's my opinion. So, as I suggested earlier in the week: don't
patronize events/places that have Kol Isha. And raise heck just as you are
doing. I'd be happy to discuss this off list with you, but(and it's a big
BUT) some people are just not going to "get" why you are mad about this, or
want to do something about it. I'm happy to help anyone who wants to do
something about it(it's pissed me off for years). I just don't expect
everyone to want to. Sad as that is. But hey, some Jews would not view that
as "sad"...and they have a RIGHT TO. Whether you or I like it or not. And I
will stand up for these Jewish chaverim's rights to disagree with anyone and
everyone. My bottom line is I love Jews...and it's like family: you may not
always(understatement)agree with them. You may fight with them at times. You
may not always like them...but you LOVE them.
On that note:
Shalom,Love and lots of great stuff,
   Trudi the G