RE: Healing

Shirona wrote:

>There are only TWO sexes in this world,  to the best of my knowledge.  Is
it >OK that one sex has the power to make all the rules that bind both
sexes, >and that the other sex has no say in that process.  For me it is
that simple, >and the answer is either yes or no. If this is not the core
issue - then what >is?

Shirona, respectfully, Kol Isha- or any other piece of minhag/halacha for
that matter- did not evolve without the say so of women.  It's impossible
that men made this decision without the consultation of women!  Women are
the majority of the population, a minority can't oppress a majority without
the compliance of the majority.
        How do you explain that many of the proponents of this custom are
married
men?  If this was really something all women hated, these men observing the
prohibition of Kol Isha, wouldn't be allowed back home and in bed each
night.
-Katie