Re: "G-d"

In a message dated 2/19/01 3:33:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
l_cahan (at) staff(dot)chuh(dot)org writes:

> A question -- In the booklet for my forthcoming CD I need to print the
> word G-d because it appears in the lyrics.  The question is whether I
> should print the whole word with the "o" in the middle or with a dash.
> What are your opinions?

According to a number of Rabbi's I have heard address this issue, G-o-d is
not a name of God, and therefore, requires no special safeguarding. Besides,
you are printing something permanent, so even those who feel differently
would have no problem with it.

Jordan

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->