Re: "G-d"

IMHO...the spelling with a dash or asterisk is not as much for the reader as
it is for you and your intent.  It is a personal thing that I do not write
it with an o, because I do not know where the end result will wind up.  I do
not generally use the alternate of the name when singing, because to me a
rose by any other name is ..... still a rose.  You might write Hashem, but
to me the use in verbal communication is the same as the direct name.  I
know that is not how others may feel on the matter.  The principal to me is
one of l'havdil...to make a separation between the holy and profane.  But if
I am vocalizing, even general singing in the car, it is to me a form of
prayer, whereas when I am writting or typing email, someone else is in
control of the finished product.

did I confuse you?  i am not sure i said it clearly
winston