Re: Aderet records reissues

George Robinson wrote:

> This is very exciting and the photo on the website is enticing -- looks
> like a BIG record store.

It's not as big as the photo looks. I'm not sure WHERE they got that picture.
But its packed with interesting items, for sure.

> Now, for those of us who are, shall we say, vehicularly challenged --
> that is, without automobiles -- what's the nearest subway station?

Rukhie!  What train should someone take to 13th Ave?  (Rachel lived
over the store at 13th and 43rd as a girl.  When I lived in that area
I lived on the F and I know there's something closer).

She says - "the B - to Ft Hamilton Parkway".

But I look at the map and think you stay on one more stop to 50th Street.
That should put you almost at the corner of 13th Ave and 50th Street
and New Utrect Avenue.

It's more a Jewish Press than a Jewish Week neighborhood.  If you've
never shopped 13th Avenue in BP, you've missed something.  Just about
anything you need is there from Sunday morning to Friday afternoon.
Parking is forgetaboutit, on a Sunday the 1973 Chevy station wagons
are triple parked.  Take the subway and be glad you don't need to stash
the car.

If you've never been, it's worth knowing that Kosher Delight has
the public bathroom.  You need the combination - I think its 312 -
but they tell everyone so don't be shy about asking.

> George (Wishes he owned a car. Or a parking place) Robinson

A car in NY can be a pain.  When we lived on the outskirts
of BP (Ft Hamilton Pkwy at Ocean Pkwy) I bought out every junkyard
in Brooklyn of their 1978 Plymouth Horizon glass.

> Thanks for the kind words on my little missive,
Thanks for your kind words on some of my favorite musician/teachers!

--
r l reid        ro (at) panix(dot)com