Re: George's remarks after Ari; and one other event of 2000

George Robinson wrote:

> Well, I've spent too much of your bandwidth and time already, so all I
> will say is, this is far from the worst place we could be coming from.

Heck no.  It was a beautiful piece, it brought tears to my eyes.

And by the way - your top 10 in the past Jewish Week was a great
set of selections.  I agrred absolutly with the ones I already knew;
so I'll have to go check the remaining ones.

Since no one else has mentioned it, I think there was one other
significant event in Jewish recordings this year, and that was
the massive reissuance of so much of the old Aderet catalog
on CD.   It has perhaps knocked a lot of the wind out of poring
over dusty boxes in used record stores looking for LPs, but
what's important is that they've made so much of the older
chassidic, cantorial, and choir music available.

--
r l reid        ro (at) panix(dot)com