Aderet records reissues

In an earlier posting I mentioned Aderet's CD reissues last year of a
lot of their old LP catalog, and I've been asked for details.

Aderet is a record company based in Boro Park which through the 1960s
and 1970s recorded and released a lot of the Chassidic cantors, choirs,
and choruses in BP and around the world.

The owners of the record company also have a record store in BP called
Mostly Music.    In addition to having most everything currently
popular in the yeshivish and chassidish communities,
right now in the front section of the store they have
dozens of CD titles which are reissues of these old out of print Aderet LPs,
and for some months now they've been for sale "two for one" - buy
one for $14.99 and you get another one free.

Just a few examples (titles Anglifed pardon my transliteration
        if it's not "standard"):
Munkacs Hasidim - Negunei Hasidei Munkacs
Negunei Ramat Wisnitz
Marches and Waltzes of the Gerer Hasidim
David Werdiger (dozens of his recordings, most are spectacular)
Skulener Hasidim - Nigunei Skulener

Of course, if you REALLY want Shloimy Dachs or the latest Suki and
Ding production (by the way, who's Ding?  Suki is the only one who ever
seems to say anything), or Dudu Fischer they've got all that too, and there's
even a respectable klezmer section toward the rear near the children's
video tapes.  (For klezmer you'll probably do better with yiddishmusic.com)

And, for reasons I cannot fathom - mayboe someone can help me out
here, they have Yanni.  No, they don't have any other "new age"
kinds of artists, aside from an odd spacey piano treatment of
some Chabad nigunim.  And you know what else is strange?  The
Judaica shop in the Wesley Hills shopping center up in Monsey (which
also has a great stock) carries Yanni too.  What am I missing here?

But back to Aderet and Mostly Music.  They have a web site, which
can give you some idea of the incredible array of what they carry,
but cannot give you a precise idea of stock.  I tried placing an order
through it once, and Mendlowitz called me back on the phone and
we spent a pleasant 20 minutes discussing my likes and dislikes
and he put together a nice package for me (too many Chaim Banet Big
Band records, but hey).  I recomend that if you're anywhere near
BP that you simply pay a visit and do some browsing; though be aware
browsing will be difficult if you can't at least read Yiddish phonetically.

You can browse them at http://www.mostlymusic.com/ - it's "under
construction" but you can learn alot wandering around...um, oh dear.
This isn't good - clicking on just about anything right now
gives me a bunch of errors:
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Operation must use an updateable
query.
/RecordActivity.inc, line 18

oh well.  If you know what you're looking for, you can call them at
1-718-GET-A-SONG (718-438-2766), or better yet, visit at
4815 13th Avenue between 48 and 49 in Boro Park.  I think it's
10 - 8 Sunday thru Thursday and 10 - 2 on Friday.

(And a warning - going after school lets out on Sunday afternoon you're
likely to be in a store mobbed with teenagers jonesing for some Piamenta...)

I, of course have no relationship except as a customer.

--
r l reid        ro (at) panix(dot)com