Re: Doorbell dilemma

-- Budowitz Home Page: http://www.merlinms.dircon.co.uk/budowitz/

All the info on Big Ben has been great. Helen Winkler, Tom Payne and Steve
Barnett, Jeffrey Miller, Thanks!

Fagin's song from Oliver sounds more to me like it stems from the La
cucaracha melody family, though have you noticed how it connects to the tune
"Vobistu vor Prohibition" which Brandwein recorded, but which was earlier
known simply as a Freylakh (it's still played as the token Jewish tune by
the tsimbl orchestra of Kolomeja). The "Who will buy"melody uses a minor
pentatonic mode, but if you follow the melody closely, it's suspiciously
similar to "Summertime." Josh