Re: Doorbell dilemma

Hi Josh,

In a message dated 6/30/00 3:30:42 PM, horowitz (at) styria(dot)com writes:

>Thanks for the answer Steve, only now I'm more confused than ever. Do the
>Westminster Abbey and Big Ben use similar chimes melodies?

Sorry about that. Big Ben and the chimes of Westminster are one and the same.
Big Ben is just the nickname for the clock as I recall.

>Could you notate
>the whole sequence of each (should only take you a minute) if they are
>different.

This is the way I recall it: e-c-d-g  g-d-e-c    e-d-c-g  g-d-e-c

But don't quote me on that.

>Who made the original sequence and what does it express?

I have no idea. If you find out let me know too.

Sorry
>for the minutae...in case anyone needs to know what this has to do with
>Jewish music, I'm trying to draw the connection between this melody and
>an
>ancient klezmer melody I found with the same permutative scheme...Josh

Isn't that intriguing. Keep me informed please.

Best wishes,
Steve

Steve Barnett
Composer/Arranger/Producer