doorbell dilemma

Not that I know anything about this but the link below says that the
Westminster Chimes were an imitation of the Cambridge Chimes.  It's from the
church of St. Mary's web site:

http://www.ely.anglican.org/parishes/camgsm/chimes.html
In 1793, a new clock by Thwaites of London was installed, and Revd Dr Joseph
Jowett, Regius Professor of Civil Law, was asked to compose a suitable
chime. We shall never know whether the result was his own invention; there
is a long, but almost wholly unsubstantiated, tradition that he received
assistance either from Dr Randall, the Professor of Music, or from his
brilliant undergraduate pupil, William Crotch (1775-1847). It is also said
that the tune is based on the fifth bar of the opening of Handel's Aria ``I
know that my Redeemer liveth''. The clock wore out in a century; the one now
in the tower was bought in 1892, and is by William Potts and Sons of Leeds,
and incorporates Grimthorpe's double three-legged gravity escapement
It is often not appreciated, even by those who know the chimes well, that
although each quarter is different, the barrel revolves twice each hour:

The tenor bell is used to strike the hour.

These much-admired chimes were copied in 1859 for the new clock and bells in
the Palace of Westminster (commonly collectively known as ``Big Ben'', which
is in fact the name of the hour bell alone); thus the tune is also often
known as the ``Westminster Chimes''.

Some people associate the words
``Lord through this hour,
be Thou our guide
so, by Thy power
no foot shall slide''
with the tune of the fourth quarter of the chimes.

Helen