Re: Kol Ishah again

Jordan:

In defense of Mr. Krakowski, I didn't see any discrediting of halakha, just
Kol Isha.

Sometimes things might "evolve" a little quicker if we light a fire under
the asses of those who maintain the status quo.

I, for one, find the idea that women can't sing publicly to men far less
appalling than the fact that they can't read Torah or participate in the
Orthodox service.

I hope the Orthodox (male) rabbinate are at this time considering
rectifying this situation. One need only look at the "evolution" of women's
political rights in America--eighty years to get the vote--to realize that
this issue involves Jewish law far less than male dominance of religious
ideas and authority, and a reluctance to forfeit that dominance.

Eliott Kahn