Re: Cymbaly /was Re:/

I see your point Paul - The term "Ty Cymbaly" comes from a word meaning
simpleton, very likely connected to the term tembel mentioned, and the
the occupation of Tsimbler and the names deriving thereof have a
different etymological source. That's an enticing idea. I know you've
put a lot of energy into surname research, as I see it in many of your
postings. Is the name surname "idiot" (i.e. Cymbaliuk, Cymbalok) an
enforced name? How did it come into being? Josh