RE: Bertha Kalich & Recordings of the Yiddish Theater

AND THEY THREW OUT THE ALBUM AFTER FILMING IT????????

How disgusting!!!   I hope that anyone who ever considers donating anything
there, will always remember that.

They could have offered it to other libraries, to YIVO, to universities, or
even sold it at auction houses to raise money for the library, returned it
to the family, given it to Jewish museums, etc., etc,.

It tells you how little they understand and appreciate the Yiddish
material.  Bertha Kalich was a major Yiddish star.

We should really warn everyone about what they do with such precious
material.

Good job Joel.  Your careful scholarship shines through.

Still reeling from this news.

Reyzl