Re: promiscuous fusionizers

Just another tiny comment (I do mostly want to leave this to the musicians):
  If by "high artification" Henry's referring to the downtown/RJC/Knitting
Factory/etc. scene--i.e., jazz-inflected klezmer or, really much more I
would think, klezmer or Jewish-inflected jazz (no doubt w/ fusions of other
things), wouldn't it be helpful to recognize the music of these scene as
*something else*--a different, new genre and style, influenced by klezmer
and by many other traditions (*esp.* jazz)?  _Of course_ it's not klezmer;
it's ... well, it *is*--it is what it is, a new genre growing out (as it
only could have) of this time and place, which pleases/intrigues/inspires or
not (I find it does, somewhat, in a reflective/ruminative rather than
vigorous/dancing [or ethnic!] way, but that's just me).  It's not "artified"
(?) klezmer; it just ... is.  -- rlc