Re: promiscuous fusionizers

I would add that this surely applies to many other instances of inspired,
creative fusion--such as ... Gershwin!!  (OK, "a foolish consistency ...,
etc." or, much deeper:  "Anything real is full of contradictions" [Shlomo
Carlebach])  Not that there's not a place, OF COURSE, for in-depth,
conscientious study and mastery of a given tradition or style.  But inspired
creativity--esp. of _hiddushim_ (loosely, new forms or styles)--doesn't
always work that way--rlc