Re: promiscuous fusionizers

In a message dated 12/8/99 9:31:45 AM Eastern Standard Time, media (at)
kamea(dot)com
writes:

<< In my experience, the word "promiscuous" is usually trotted out by the
envious
 and the vengeful in an attempt to besmirch somebody's character because they
 are perceived as having too much or the wrong kind of close interpersonal
 contact.
 I don't like it.

 Please, -- Kabalas, Alan Eder/Pesach Posse, Klezperanto, Neshama, et al.,
 keep making more great, original and  "promiscuous" music.

I have to go with Wolf on this one. (See, we agree again) Without the
promiscous fusionisers, African American music would be field hollers and
basic blues. There would be no Duke Ellington, John Coltrane, Charlie Parker,
etc. I agree that bringing a personal approach to Folk idioms has to result
in good music for us to agree that it is good, but that doesn't invalidate
the technique itself.

Jordan