Re: Recording Artisi Isa Kremer.

Thanks, Lori. Some details below, gently edited:

http://www.culturefront.org/culturefront/magazine/97/winter/article.30.html

Lois Barr is assistant professor of Spanish at Lake Forest College. She is
working on a documentary video, Isa: The Life and Music of Isa Kremer, with
collaborators Maya Friedler and Selma Gordon, executive producers; Nina
Feinberg, film director; and Linda Garland, producer. Barr has also served
as a research consultant for Ellen Gould, playwright and actor, whose new
musical, The Glass House, is inspired by the life of Isa Kremer.

Best, Joel

At 12:09 AM 9/22/99 -0400, you wrote:
>In a message dated 09/21/1999 2:11:27 PM Central Daylight Time,
>jbresler (at) ma(dot)ultranet(dot)com writes:
>
><< If anyone can provide details on Jewish recording artist Isa Kremer
>  (1887-1956), particularly her 2-year stint (ca. 1918-1920) in
>  Constantinople where she recorded for Orfeon, can you please let me know?
>  I'm familiar with entries in Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians
>  and also an article ("Remembering Isa Kremer") written by Lois Barr.
> Thanks!
> >>

>Dear Joel:
>Some movie makers in Chicago recently received a grant to work on an Isa
>Kramer project.  Who?  I don't recall....But Spertus Museum might have
>something to do with it.
>Lori Lippitz

Joel Bresler
250 E. Emerson Rd.
Lexington, MA 02420 USA

Home:           781-862-2432
Home Office:    781-862-4104
FAX:            781-862-0498
Cell:           781-622-0309
Email:          jbresler (at) ma(dot)ultranet(dot)com