RE: Recording Artisi Isa Kremer.

How about an English translation? I personally can figure out what I
think is the meaning but only to maybe 75% of it, and I don't have a
great degree of confidence in that.

Also, I have heard the line that goes

un dayn shvester ... Tidi-didi-dam ...

sung as

un dayn shvester, geyt mit a soldat

which I translate as either:

And your sister...

1 - goes with a soldier

2 - hangs around with soldiers

3 - is a whore

all of which were probably considered equally as bad in the communities
where this song was sung :-)

Dick Rosenberg

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->