Re: Foundation Support for Edge Jewish Music (was schmaltz...)

The Knitting Factory Jazz Festival this spring included a number of Jewish
acts.  We at the DC JCC hosted three shows, Uri Caine, Krakauer, and
Naftule's dream.  I think somewhat similar acts were booked in NYC, Philly,
and Boston.

The problem with that approach was that the Jewish acts ended up lost among a
mass of much better known jazz shows.  This argues for a very specifically
Jewish orientation to a tour.

 Also, to get to the youth audience, the show should be directed to campuses.
 We are trying to get this audience to come to JCC here in Washington, but it
is a slow process.

I think Wolf misunderstood my post.  I totally agree that the star system
should not be our guide in this type of undertaking.  If for no other reason
than that we don't have a star of Dylan's (Rolling Thunder) status.
Gideon