Re: Name that Mode!(Re: Jewish music connection w/ old jingle?)

Hello, I have been a "lurker" on this list for some time and have enjoyed the
discussions immensely. I have a link which might be of some help in this
question:

http://www.ece.concordia.ca/~nestor/music/bouzouki/scales.htm

this is a discription of the various Greek "dromi". The one called "houzam" is
close
to the one you're describing

Nikolai Jacobs