Re: Lurkers

At 08:49 AM 7/16/99 -0400, you wrote:
>thanks for  defending the irregular contributors.  Lurker is a clearly
>negative term, and implies that the regular writers on the list feel
>that they have been mugged. I understand that, too.  is there a
>suggested regularity  for a good citizen to contribute?  I consider
>myself a new comer hold back for some reason I dont really know why.

Yes, you should post as often as you have something to share!
But there is no minimum (or maximum) requirement. Personally,
I rarely have time to do more than skim the list, so I am most
often a lurker, myself.

>As for new threads, does anybody besides me try to do with Jewish Music
>what Reverend Gary Davis did with his?  I'll bet there are some Jewish
>fingerpickers out there. I'd love to share notes.  jonathan gordon

Good subject--I know that the Freilachmakers are doing damn fun
things on the bluegrass/klezmer end, and of course, Andy Statman
has done much innovative music (to put it mildly) on mandolin.
There are others on this list who could (should, imho) chime in
for themselves....

ari