Re: Ben Goldberg (Was Re: Avishai Cohen)

Well, yeah. That's true of any musical pursuit. But my point was simply
that it might be more difficult for a clarinet player to break into the
jazz world these days, than, say, a sax player. Of course, being that I'm
not a clarinet player, it's only conjecture on my part.
                                EK

At 01:20 PM 1/3/99 +0000, you wrote:
>Not to be the grammar-nerd, but the idea of a clarinetist embodying several
>musical selves, and havig somehow to integrate them, is interesting to me in
>view of popular musical culture.
>
>Owen
>
>Eliezer Kaplan wrote:
>
>> At 01:00 PM 12/27/98 -0500, you wrote:
>> >Or the multi-talented Ben Goldberg's projects?
>> >SL
>> >

>> Now there's some intersting stuff- especially the New Klezmer Trio, and the
>> collaboration with Mrty Ehrlich. It seems that a good deal of Goldberg's
>> roots are in the world of Klezmer music, but that he's really left that
>> world behind now. One might almost say the same about Don Byron. I guess a
>> clarinet player, not readily accepted in the jazz world these days, has to
>> kind of work themselves in.
>>                                         EK
>
>--
>Owen Davidson
>Amherst  Mass
>The Wholesale Klezmer Band
>
>The Angel that presided o'er my birth
>Said Little creature formd of Joy and Mirth
>Go Love without the help of any King on Earth
>
>Wm. Blake

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->