Avishai Cohen

People from the list were helpful identifying the lineage of Elliot
Smith, so here's a new one for the week.

Avishai Cohen is a rather critically acclaimed young jazz string
bassist.

He has recently fronted a group for his first album, "Adama".  The CD
(on Stretch 9015) contains such selections as "Adama", "Dror", "Gadu"
and "Ora".  I haven't heard any of it yet.

The question is, can this music be classified as Jewish music in any
way beyond the heritage of the musician and the titles of the works.
In other words, if I didn't know those things about the music and
heard it "blind", could I tell that its composer/performer was Jewish
(for example, based on its musical themes)?

Bob

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->