Re: Klezmer in corporate hands?

-----Original Message-----
From: Klezcorner (at) aol(dot)com <Klezcorner (at) aol(dot)com>
To: World music from a Jewish slant. <jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org>
Date: Wednesday, December 30, 1998 1:57 PM
Subject: Re: Klezmer in corporate hands?

>In a message dated 12/30/98 1:58:28 AM, you wrote:
>
><< networks. The censorship of music and culture has passed directly into
>
>> corporate hands. This goes for rebel culture and odd music, too - like
>
>Jazz
>
>> and Klezmer, both of which you're very fond, I know.
>

>Any comments?
<snip>

I disagree.  The business side of music is important (musicians have to
eat), but no more so than in my youth (and I'm 73).  Nevertheless, all sorts
of music thrive today, so long as they interest an audience.  As for
censorship, the Internet is making it more difficult than ever.

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->