Re: cool/dynamite khanuka song

Responding to the message of <199812072133_MC2-62CA-C99D (at)
compuserve(dot)com>
from jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org:

> Dear Joel,
>
> "Ocho Candelicas" is also recorded by the Maxwell St. Klezme Band's
> "Wedding Party" CD and cassette on Global Village.
>
> All the best,
>
> Isabelle GAnz
>
> .  We've yet to record it yet, but my band Blended Cultures Orchestra will be
doing O Chanukah in a version modelled on Coltrane's interpretation of My
Favorite Things on our concert tomorrow night at 7:30 at Temple Israel,
Minneapolis.  It's free and worth more.  We also do Ocho Kandelikas and, with a
drummer from Ghana, it should be pretty hot.

Alex Lubet, Ph. D.
Morse Alumni Distinguished Teaching Professor of Music
Adjunct Professor of American Studies
University of Minnesota
100 Ferguson Hall
Minneapolis, MN 55455