Ha Ha Hanukah songs by Allan Lieberman

I bought the remainder of the 1991 Allan Leiberman Hanukah tapes from Tara
(www.JewishMusic.com)  during the short time Tara had a walk in store so it's
doubtful there are any left.
Here are two of the songs from the cassette.
Miriam

My Favorite Hanukah Things  by Allen Leiberman
To "Raindrops on Roses"

Latkes & Dreidels & Dancing the Hora
Put all the candles into the menorah
Open the Presents, the Family sings
"These are my favorite Hanukah things"

Hanukah candy & donuts with jelly
Eating too much gives an ache in the belly
Apple sauce goes on the latkes with ease
Others prefer sour cream if they please

Say a blessing, light the candle,
with the dreidle play
Remember the Maccabees, also the oil
that lasted them for eight days

Hanukah candles in bright fancy colors,
Using the shamash to light all the others
Singing the blessing each Hanukah Eve,
Hanukah gelt now you soon will receive

Judah the soldier and brave Mattathias
They told the enemy "Do not deny us,
Religious freedom & our liberty
Fight to the death or we'll fight til we're free".

With their strength & faith & courage
Victory appeared.
We celebrate Hanukah eight days & then,
We'll do it again Next Year!

Leader of the 'Macs   by Allan Leiberman in 1991
to "The Leader of the Pack"        (spoken)

(Who Lead the revolt against the wicked Syrian King?
The Maccabees did.

& What did they call themselves for short?
The Macs

By the way who was their leader?)

To them a hero came and Judah was his name
and everyone called him the leader of the Macs.

Into the hills the Maccabbes went.
Their faith & courage was their greatest strength.
Then Judah told every man
Remember our greatest struggle is at hand.
That's what he told them, the leader of the 'Macs.

They trained each day and even each night.
The Maccabbes now were ready to fight.
& Judah said can't you see,
"Our faith shall guide us to victory".
He lead them to battle the leader of the 'Macs.

They surprised the enemy with sneak attacks
& fooled them with their clever traps.
The battle plan soon was completed.
The Syrian army was defeated.

The Temple now the Jews had reclaimed.
They found the oil that lasted eight days.
And through out the Holy Land,
they gave thanks to God for this special man.
We'll never forget him, the leader of the 'Macs.

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->