Re: cool/dynamite khanuka song

<<

"What , in your opinion, is a cool/dynamite khanuka song?"

There is a recording by Konekey and Wilde, "Happy Hanukkah My Friend"k that
consists of "new" Chanukah music.
Most of the songs are original. Two of the songs, "Happy Chanukah My Friend",
and "Light The Candles of Freedom" are beautiful... not ther tipical Chanukah
kiddie stuff that we normally hear. The first song , especially, would be a
great tune for any major artist; Streisand, Steve Lawrence, EVEN Barry
Manilow. Another Beautiful song on the recordings is "Jerusalem ( Jewel of The
Holy Land). These guys can write some good stuff-it would be great to get an
"important" artist to do GOOD Jewish recording.

There is one song on the CD "That's What Grandma Says"-I call it the food
song, that is absolutely hilarious.

Last year a call 3 of the top radio stations in Los Angeles, and asked them
why not play something other than Xmas music-L.A. does have app. 600,000. I
was told they didn't have any Chanukah music. I sent them each this CD as well
as sending one to the L.A. Times two years ago.. They each played 'Happy
Chanukah My Friend", but they were flooded with calls for "That's What Grandma
Says". (one of the Stations only plays"oldies" and R & B music).  The L.A.
Times also gave it a very favorable review.

We never had so many Gentiles buying Chanukah music for Xmas.
Again , this is not the typical Chanukah CD, how could it be with a Calyposo
version of 'I Have a Little Dreydl".

Have a Happy
Simon
Hatikvah Music