Re: cool/dynamite khanuka song

There's a recording of "Ocho kandelikas" by the Yugoslav singer Flory
Jagoda available through TARA. The title is Kantikas di mi nona or Songs
my grandmother. CS# SF-FJA-30C.

Joshua Jacobson did an arrangement of this tune for the Zamir Chorale of
Boston a few years ago. It probably can be purchased from Zamir or
TRANSCONTINENTAL.

Hope this helps.

Eliott Kahn
Music Archivist
JTS Library

On Mon, 7 Dec 1998, Joel Bresler wrote:

> Is there a recording of it anywhere for those of us not at KlezKamp?
>
> Best, Joel
>
> At 03:53 AM 12/7/98 +0000, you wrote:
> >Maybe it would be Pesakh Fiszman's Argentine tango rendition of "Ocho
> >Kandelikas Para Mi," as performed during khanuke at last year's
> >Klezkamp?
> >
> >Owen (not trying to capitalize on the recent trend toward Sephardic
> >chic)
> >
> >robert wiener wrote:
> >
> >> Passing on a question I received from Wolf Krakowski
> >> (hoping he won't mind)
> >>
> >> "What , in your opinion, is a cool/dynamite khanuka song?"
> >>
> >> Bob
> >
> >--
> >Owen Davidson
> >Amherst  Mass
> >The Wholesale Klezmer Band
> >
> >The Angel that presided o'er my birth
> >Said Little creature formd of Joy and Mirth
> >Go Love without the help of any King on Earth
> >
> >Wm. Blake
> >

> Joel Bresler
> 250 E. Emerson Rd.
> Lexington, MA 02420 USA
>
> Home:         781-862-2432
> Home Office:  781-862-4104
> FAX:                  781-862-0498
> Cell:         781-622-0309
> Email:                jbresler (at) ultra(dot)net

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->