Re: Dating the melodies used in Psalms, cantillation, etc.

Hmm. My understanding is that very few folks besides Suzanne Haik-Vantoura
think she has actually accurately recreated the melodies, but I could be
wrong....

Joel

At 09:31 PM 6/30/98 EDT, you wrote:
>  Hi Joel in reply to the following :
>
>In a message dated 6/30/98 4:21:26 PM, you wrote:
>
><<At 08:42 PM 6/28/98 +0200, you wrote:
>>I'm looking for a recording of the psalms sung in Hebrew as close to how
>>they would/could have been sung in the period when they were written
>>(circa 9th through the 4th centuries BC, if I'm not mistaken).
>
>There is a series of 3 recordings made in France that are supposed to be the
>Psalms in the original melodies composed by Kings Solomon and David.
>
>This series was put together by Suzanne Haik-Vantoura who claims to have been
>able to "decode" the original melodies of the Psalms. The Meoldies are very
>unusual, and quite haunting.
>
>We carry these recordings which are available only on CDs the are $18.98
each.

>There are many recordings of Judeo-Baroque Music though by comparison, these
>awould be considered "new" music.
>
>Best Wishes,
>Simon
>Hatikvah Music
>436 N. Fairfax Ave.
>Los Angeles, Ca 90036
>213)655-7083
>Klezcorner (at) aol(dot)com

Joel Bresler
250 E. Emerson Rd.
Lexington, MA 02420 USA

Home:   781-862-2432
Home Office:    781-862-4104
FAX:            781-862-0498
Cell:           781-622-0309
Email:          jbresler (at) ultra(dot)net

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->