Re: Dating the melodies used in Psalms, cantillation, etc.

  Hi Joel in reply to the following :

<<At 08:42 PM 6/28/98 +0200, you wrote:
>I'm looking for a recording of the psalms sung in Hebrew as close to how
>they would/could have been sung in the period when they were written
>(circa 9th through the 4th centuries BC, if I'm not mistaken).

There is a series of 3 recordings made in France that are supposed to be the
Psalms in the original melodies composed by Kings Solomon and David.

This series was put together by Suzanne Haik-Vantoura who claims to have been
able to "decode" the original melodies of the Psalms. The Meoldies are very
unusual, and quite haunting.

We carry these recordings which are available only on CDs the are $18.98 each.

There are many recordings of Judeo-Baroque Music though by comparison, these
awould be considered "new" music.

Best Wishes,
Simon
Hatikvah Music