Re: survey

Dear Ari and Gang,

I didn't know, Ari, whether you'd like the survey responses privately or to
the list, but since I trust I am in the minority, I am taking the liberty of
replying to the list.

I, too, am dismayed that almost everything seems to be Klezmer-oriented. I'm
a fan, but that's about it. I was a synagogue choral director for 22 years
here in Minneapolis and continue to an active composer and arranger. When I
was choral director, much of the music we performed on Shabbat were my
compositions and arrangements.

I am more interested in Cantorial music, the history and development of
Jewish music, and Jewish choral music, whether original or arranged, than I
am of Klezmer. I hope that this area of Jewish music can be addressed more
often than they are currently. Maybe if there are others like me who reflect
my more non-Klezmer interests, and now know that there are a few of us out
there on the list, they will write more often (horrible syntax, I know-but
you get the gist, I hope).

Thanks for listening. Next to the left?

Best wishes,
Steve